Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) General Maintenance Technician? At Medical City Healthcare, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
Medical City Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated General Maintenance Technician like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Maintenance Technicians is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the equipment, building, and grounds at the laundry. The Maintenance Technician works closely with the Maintenance Supervisor, Floor Supervisors and Laundry Manager.
What you will do in this role
- Utilize Daily Checklist.
- Maintain and repair, as needed, the equipment of the laundry utilizing and establishing a preventive maintenance program; determination of maintenance categories (corrective vs. preventative); establish maintenance priorities (low, average, high, emergency); evaluate maintenance complexity (basic to complex skill sets); and maintain a parts and tools inventory.
- Ensures continuous operation, according to the design performance specifications of the building's electrical and mechanical systems without unscheduled shutdown or outages.
- Ensures building interiors are maintained in a safe and esthetically pleasing condition. Areas included, but not limited to: roof, windows, doors, painting and wall covering, flooring, ceiling, and plumbing.
- Responsible for life safety systems, including, but not limited to, fire alarm system, security system, sprinkler inspection and testing, fire extinguishers, and mechanical room systems.
- Responsible for the training and oversight of the safe use of all systems with the appropriate designated personnel.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Provide focus on long-term resolutions to reduce reoccurring problems.
- Ensure all personnel are working in a safe environment and are adhering to the Laundry Safety Procedures at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need
- Minimum three (3) years of electronic/electrical and mechanical maintenance experience.
- High School Graduate/Equivalent or Technical school diploma with courses in electronic/electrical and mechanical maintenance or equivalent training
Medical City Healthcare is one of the region's largest, most comprehensive health care providers. Medical City Healthcare includes 14+ hospitals, 7+ off-campus emergency rooms, more than 50+ ambulatory sites. We have more than 7,000 active physicians and 15,000 employees in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our General Maintenance Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website