Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Transfer Coordinator RN you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Medical City Healthcare which is a part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At Medical City Healthcare, our benefits package offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Medical City Healthcare!
The HCA North Texas Transfer Center handles the patient movement and logistics for 22 HCA hospitals and free-standing emergency rooms across north Texas, our mission is to assist in the clinical placement and movement of critical patients both into and out of our facilities providing timely access to care for our patients when minutes matter the most. The transfer center is staffed 24/7 with seasoned clinical professionals who collaborate between physicians, hospitals, and other immediate health care settings to coordinate the timely movement of high acuity patients such as STEMI, stroke, trauma, neonatal care, and so forth.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- You will coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- You will work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- You will efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- You will work collaboratively with HCA facilities to manage all internal and external patient movements and the allocation of bed assignments
- You will accept all hospital transfers. Must be proficient in EMTALA
- You will apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- You will facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- You will communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- You will be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- You will assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- You will exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center's customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- You will establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital's medical staff, services and special programs
- Graduate from an accredited nursing program
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas
- Minimum 3 years acute care RN experience
- BSN or Bachelor's degree in nursing
- 3 years of Critical Care nursing to include ED, ICU and/or House Supervisor experience
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we encourage you to apply for our Transfer Coordinator RN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website