SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Occupational Therapist Medical City Lewisville PRN (As Needed)
Position Summary: To continuously evaluate, develop a treatment plan and conduct appropriate occupational therapy management to meet the individual needs of medically referred neonate, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients (within the therapist's scope of practice) in an efficient, productive manner and within the guidelines of the Occupational Therapy Practice Act and the American Occupational Therapy Association's Standards for Practice and Code of Ethics. To take all appropriate measures to ensure the safety of the patients. To maintain accurate, current records on all patients according to the department's policy and procedures. To supervise support staff and other departmental staff as it relates to patient care. To participate in the quality improvement process and in updating programs and/or development of new programs. To assist with educational programs for departmental and hospital ASSOCIATES and to uphold the standards of the department and hospital by dealing with patients, visitors, ASSOCIATES and other medical professionals in a respectful, courteous manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Perform special assignments as needed/requested.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attend staff meetings and in-services.
- Transport patients safely.
- Provide care of patients with a variety of medical diagnosis and resulting complications.
- Ensures a current physician referral for all treatment rendered.
- Performs initial evaluations, formulates assessment and ongoing assessments, and develops a plan of care for the patient.
- Initiates and performs interventions that are appropriate for the patient's condition.
- Patient's objective status and response to therapeutic interventions is consistently monitored.
- All patients related interactions are appropriate for the patient's specific needs.
- Patients are re-evaluated according to department policy and goals.
- Ensure patient's insurance has been re-certified prior to the continuation of treatment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Patient charts are completed and discharged in a timely manner.
- Accepts additional patients and assists in other areas to provide good customer service.
- Arranges daily schedule of patient's providing for the most efficient use of time, equipment and personnel.
- Accuracy of charges reflecting treatment procedure/time provided to the patient.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities for the efficient delivery of patient care services.
- Participates in the efficiency and quality of department operation and growth of the department.
- Effectively prioritizes to allow work to proceed in an orderly and organized manner.
- Documents patient information accurately.
- Ensures proper use/care of medical equipment.
- Serves as a clinical resource to department staff, students, volunteers and other departments, and contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care
- Takes appropriate measures to ensure safety of patients.
- Attends in-services/meetings to improve education and training.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department processes and collaborates with other departments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Texas license or eligible.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer and keyboarding skills.
- Ability to work with others to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Continuous focus on excellence in work environment.
At Medical City, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a plan just for you. You can enroll in several different medical plans, if eligible, which includes vision and dental. You can even select additional à la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
About Medical City Lewisville:
Medical City Lewisville is focused on providing high-quality care to our community. We are dedicated to providing family-centered care with our experienced, multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate environment.
Built in 1976, Medical City Lewisville is a full-service medical and surgical facility offering 24-hour emergency services. We are licensed for 186 patient beds. Excellent customer service and patient safety are our top priorities. We are proud that more than 360 physicians and over 800 healthcare associates have chosen to make Medical City Lewisville their professional home. Our supportive environment, advanced technologies, and innovative medicines allow them to best treat you – our treasured patients – with the highest quality health care in a comfortable and compassionate setting.
Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted promptly for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website