Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women's and children's services. Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospital continuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community's healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission's Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
Please visit our website at http://medicalcitymckinney.com/ to see for yourself why you should join our team.
Registered Nurse (RN)
Unit: Women's Services RN Float Pool
Work Schedule: PRN
The Women's Services Float Pool RN will float to 2 different departments within Women's Services:
- Determine the predictable health status and health needs of patients (individual and family) through interpretation of health data and preventive practice in collaboration with patients and interdisciplinary healthcare team members
- Utilize a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care
- Perform comprehensive nursing assessments regarding the health status of the patient
- Formulate a nursing care plan based on determination of nursing diagnoses and identified problems
- Implement nursing care within the RN's scope of practice, including compliance with other laws that apply to the practice setting
- Develop and implement teaching plans for patients concerning promotion, maintenance and restoration of health
- Provide education, emotional support and age specific care to foster a partnership with the patient and significant others
- Provide for the care of multiple patients (individual and family) either through direct care or assignment and/or delegation of care to other members of the healthcare team
- Evaluate the patient's (individual and family) responses and outcomes to therapeutic interventions
- Use critical thinking approach to analyze clinical data and current literature as a basis for decision making in nursing practice
Job Qualification Requirements (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certifications):
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- BSN required within 24 months of hire date
- Current licensure by the State of Texas as a Registered Nurse or from a Compact State if you declare the Compact State your Primary State of Residence.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Completed AHA ACLS Provider Course within 6 months of employment will be required.
- Minimum of one year experience in Women's Services in an acute care hospital setting within the last 3 years required.
Apply on company website