SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Patient Care Technician
Medical City North Hills
Medical City North Hills is licensed for 164 beds, has over 300 physicians and 30 medical specialties. The ER has about 39,000 visits each year and is a Level III Trauma Center. We are also a Primary Stroke Center, perform Spine Surgery, and have a comprehensive Cardiovascular Services department. We are an accredited Cycle 5 Chest Pain Center with a Cardiac Rehabilitation program as well as have a Total Joint Replacement Program.
Join our team and you will experience a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and 401K retirement including:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to progress in function, skill, and pay
- A competitive wage scale with annual merit increases
- Generous tuition reimbursement and clinical certification support
- A comprehensive health and wellness package including medical, dental and prescription drug coverage
- HCA's Time Away From Work Program that combines paid time off, disability coverage and leaves of absence (including paid family leave)
- Assists the licensed staff with basic patient care functions, which includes but is not limited to bathing, ambulating, toileting and feeding patients. In addition, picking up meal trays, taking vital signs
- Assists nursing staff by performing bedside glucose checks, foley catheter care including discontinuation of foley, urine collection, tracheostomy care and simple dressing care
- Responsible for performing the clerical tasks and receptionist duties to include: answering all phone calls and patient intercom calls, transcribing physician orders, assembling/maintaining charts for admitted patients, preparing charts for HIM department for discharged patients, and entering orders into the Meditech system
- Training as a Nursing Assistant, EMT, Medical Assistant or two semesters of nursing school required.
- Graduate of a Patient Care Assistant Course or Certified Nurse Assistant Program, preferred
- Current BLS issued by an American Heart Association provider
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website