Graduate Nurse / GN / Nurse Residency
Medical City Plano
Start Dates: January, February and March 2023
- Emergency Services
- Medical Surgical Services (Med Surg, and Tele)
- Oncology Services (Surgical and Medical ONC)
- Women's Services (L&D, Nursery and Post Partum)
- Critical Care Services (ICU Stepdown, Cardiac Stepdown, Neuro PCU, CCU, Burn Trauma ICU, Neuro ICU and Ortho)
- Operating Room
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Nurse Residency.
Under supervision, the RN Residency is a new graduate nurse or RN changing specialty that provides safe and effective patient care in accordance with established policies, procedures and values of the facility. The graduate nurse or RN changing specialty will collaborate with the Nurse Coordinator/preceptor, Physicians, technicians, educators, and allied health practitioners. Additional functions will be performed in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of Medical City Healthcare.
Our Nurse Residency program is a year-long program comprised of two phases:
- The first phase is the StaRN - Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
- The program provides a highly integrated and systemic approach to transitioning new graduate nurses by:
- Defining a comprehensive baseline set of measurements and outcomes, evidence-based structure, processes, and content with hands-on simulation training and classroom education
- Integrating, teaching, monitoring, and managing adherence to those standards
- Objectively evaluating success in achieving the RN residency goals
- The program will also provide introduction and training to the EMR system for your facility.
- The second phase is YOUR Professional Development - Partner with a mentor, attending monthly seminars, and complete an evidence-based capstone project.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Discounted tickets at many local attractions
- Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Once you apply, if chosen to move forward a Recruiter will contact you to complete a follow-up phone screen. Please be aware that due to the large number of applicants you will see a slight delay in responses.
About Medical City Plano:
Since opening our doors in 1975, Medical City Plano has provided Plano and Collin County with advanced health care. We've built our reputation on the exceptional compassion we offer all our patients, a legacy preserved from our simple beginnings as a small community hospital. Now, as a world-class medical facility offering the latest in technologies and a comprehensive range of health care services, Medical City Plano continues its growth to maintain its position as a leader in health care across the region.
Medical City Plano is a full-service, 493-bed acute care hospital with more than 1,600 employees and over 1,000 physicians on staff, representing over 70 specialties and subspecialties. Medical City Plano is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, or Denton Counties to be awarded Comprehensive Stroke Center accreditation by the State of Texas. The Brain & Spine Hospital at Medical City Plano provides world-renowned neuroscience care, including advanced treatments for brain cancer, life-saving interventions for stroke patients, as well as treatments for scoliosis and other complex spine disorders.
Our main campus in the heart of Plano includes the main hospital and medical offices, an outpatient surgery center, a comprehensive cancer-treatment center, an emergency and Level I trauma center, a radiology/imaging center, a comprehensive cardiovascular program, The Bariatric Surgery Institute, Wound Care Center, an inpatient rehabilitation unit, and complete women's and children's services including a high-risk antepartum unit and a Level 3 neonatal intensive-care unit. In 2014, Medical City Plano opened an additional full-service, provider-based emergency department in northern Plano. Medical City Plano opened The Burn & Reconstructive Center of Texas in October 2015, providing the first burn center in Collin County.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing
- ADN required
- BSN preferred
Apply on company website