DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an Operating Room Registered Nurse.
At Memorial Satilla Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
The Operating Room Registered Nurse will provide professional surgical nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process, collaborating with other members of the health care delivery team, including physicians, to assure quality health care. The Operating Room Nurse assumes the responsibility for ensuring effective communication with the surgical technologists, the other Registered Nurses, the surgeons, the patients and their families, as well as the other members of the surgical team.
What you will do in this role:
- You will provide assistance in emergency procedures as well as elective and scheduled cases
- You will work alongside surgical teams to ensure that patients receive the best possible care
- You will serve as a liaison between the surgical team and the patients' families
- You will be responsible for organizing supplies needed for patients
- You will assess patients before, during, and after surgery and maintain a sterile operating room
- You will perform count procedures to protect patient from unintended retained foreign objects as well as perform interventions necessary to ensure the patient's procedure is performed on the correct site, side, and level
- You will perform interventions throughout the surgical procedure to maintain the status of the patient's genitourinary, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal, endocrine, respiratory, cardiovascular, and neurological systems, and fluid, electrolyte, and acid-base balances at or above baseline levels
- You will administer medications in accordance with physician orders
- You will actively involve patient or designated support person in decisions affecting their post perioperative plan of care and the rehabilitation process
What qualifications you will need:
- Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing: Associate's Degree in Nursing or higher is required
- Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state which you practice and/or hold an active Compact/Multi-State RN license
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required
- Minimum of 1-year previous experience of Perioperative Nursing is strongly preferred
Memorial Satilla Health is a 200 plus bed, full-service, acute care medical center that has been providing high-quality medical care to the greater Waycross community and southeast Georgia region for more than 60 years. The facility, in the HCA Healthcare South Atlantic Division, attributes its success to the team effort that is focused on caring for you and your family. Memorial Satilla Health employs a staff of over 600 employees and more than 300 physicians who work hard every day to combine safe, quality medical care and advanced technology with compassion and understanding. Key specialty services include Cardiac, Orthopedic, Surgical, Rehabilitation, Sleep and Birthing Centers. Additionally, Memorial Satilla Health treats more than 45,000 emergencies each year and has an extensive Behavioral Health program.
Waycross, GA, and its neighboring town of Blackshear, GA, collectively offer excellent public schools, an active art and theater group, several golf courses, and an excellent array of hiking, fishing, camping and boating. With many large tracts of land available, excellent housing, and low real estate costs, our locale is the perfect place for families.
HCA Healthcare has been consecutively named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website