Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Technical Analyst II with Mercy Hospital you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Mercy Hospital, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K(100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Mercy Hospital family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Analyst II to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Technical Analyst II implements and supports facility and division desktop equipment, and is the key technical resource responding to end user desktop incidents and requests reported to the Service Desk. Technical Analyst II will also be responsible for mentoring, supporting and training entry-level Technical Analysts. Problems beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility are communicated in a timely manner to senior-level support personnel. Support to other division and facility IT personnel is provided, as warranted, and participation in 24x7 on-call support is provided based on division IT staff rotation. The Technical Analyst II adheres to and supports HCA IT policies and procedures, and recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of IT&S desktop equipment and software. Based on proficiency with PC-based equipment and cabling, the Technical Analyst II can provide expanded on-site support to technical resources, if needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Installs and repairs facility and division IT&S equipment and software per HCA and division IT&S standards and guidelines, including but not limited to terminals, personal computers, printers, cabling, and related software products
- Responds to and resolves inquiries and requests for assistance with division or facility computer systems, and provides a superior customer support experience for division and facility users
- Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries. Determines appropriate technical area or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates with other technical areas, as needed
- Logs and tracks problems; reviews problem tracking databases
- Mentors, trains and supports entry-level technical analysts
- Performs facility-based moves, adds, and changes (MACs), as needed
- Maintains documentation for each incident or request, and escalates complex problems to the next level of support per documented procedures
- Provides 24x7 on-call support based on division IT staff rotation, and carries a pager as warranted
- Aids and trains users on division and facility technology
- Performs preventative maintenance
- Recommends process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance and support of IT&S desktop equipment and software
- Effectively works with customers, Service Desk and Technical Services personnel
- Participates in meetings, committees and continuing education to improve individual, departmental and organizational performance
- Adheres to and supports HCA IT&S standards, policies and procedures
- Maintains and protects confidentiality with regard to all aspects of patient care and employee information
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Manages and prioritizes workload
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task; Possesses strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates a customer orientation; strength in analytical, math, and reasoning skills
- Effectively communicates verbally and in writing
- Possesses proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or healthcare related field is preferred
- Must have three years IT experience
- Basic certification in A+ and Microsoft desktop product support is preferred; education and/or experience may be substituted for A+ certification
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS - Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting papers and/or boxes up to 50 pounds. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Occasional travel between facilities may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY – The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Technical Analyst II opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website