Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Accountant you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Overland Park Regional Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
Overland Park Regional Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Accountant where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
The Staff Accountant assists with the planning, coordination and administration of general accounting activities of the hospital including month-end close, maintenance of financial records/files, Medicare reporting and ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Join us and become part of a team committed to setting the standard for better healthcare.
What you will do in this role:
Under the general direction of the Controller and Assistant Controller, responsible for general accounting functions including but not limited to preparation and posting of month-end journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts, and review of financial performance for service lines.
- Financial analysis including data collection, analysis, budget compilation, and reimbursement projects.
- Annual completion of tax and audit schedules.
- Other projects as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Required knowledge of accounting systems. Proficiency with PC based spreadsheet and word processing programs. Microsoft office preferred.
- Three years experience required.
- Ability to communicate orally, maintain effective and amiable relationship with customers and co-workers.
- Computer skills, 10-key skills, facsimile
- Bachelors Degree.
- No Travel Travel Required.
- 5 years experience Required Years of Experience.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Overland Park Regional Medical Center is a 340+ bed facility offering acute medical services to our patients. We are Johnson County's only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit and Level II Trauma Center. We have an Accredited Stroke and Chest Pain Center. Our hospital is a premier area destination for Women's & Children's healthcare services. We offer the region's only Maternal Fetal Health Center to care for critically ill mothers and their babies. Our hospital has an antepartum unit, a labor and delivery unit, and a Level III NICU. We have four emergency rooms, including a dedicated Pediatric emergency room and two freestanding ERs located in Olathe and Shawnee. Each year our colleagues treat over 45,000 patients. Caring for patients is more than a job for us, it's our mission and our calling. OPRMC is part of HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City's leading healthcare provider in the region.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Accountant opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website