Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Spec Proc Tech PRN? At Parkridge Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
Parkridge Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Spec Proc Tech PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Cardiovascular Technologists/Special Procedure Technicians demonstrate knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment and care of patients served. Cardiovascular Technologists/ Special Procedure Technicians are able to scrub/assist the physician during diagnostic and interventional cardiac and peripheral angiographic studies. He or she is also able to record and monitor these cases and understands the hemodynamic measurements and readings from the valve areas.
What you will do in this role:
- You will demonstrate the ability to perform contrast media administration according to age/weight specific guidelines.
- You will demonstrate ability to set up sterile trays and maintain sterile field, according to hospital protocol.
- You will scrub and assist interventional physician during interventional procedures.
- You will demonstrate knowledge of drugs, their actions, side effects and contraindications for administration.
- You will exhibit the ability to start and maintain IV access.
- You will accurately follow physician orders, document completion of exam in Meditech, scan documents and verify images in PACS.
What qualifications you will need:
- Must have one or both of the following:
- 1.Current license or registry certification as a Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) or Registered Cardiac Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)) or must complete this advanced registration within one year of hire date.
- 2. Current license or registry of an accredited School of Radiologic Technology and licensed through the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) as a Registered Radiologic Technologist [RT(R)].
- New and existing staff may be considered with 8 years procedure experience but must complete an advanced registration/certification (RCIS or RCES from CCI) or obtain their Radiologic Technologist license within one year of hire date.
- BLS required
- Completion of ACLS training within 6 months of hire.
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients, guests, physicians and other employees.
- Minimum of 1 year of Cath lab, EP lab preferred.
- Will consider new grads of RCIS programs.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parkridge Medical Center is a 270+ bed hospital. We are near downtown Chattanooga. We feature comprehensive diagnostic, medical, and surgical services. These services include cardiovascular surgery and cancer treatment. These services include intensive care, orthopedic and spine surgery, and rehabilitation. The facility includes a state of the art neurosurgery program. Patients also have access to OB-GYN services. Patients have access to a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. They also have access to (NICU) and behavioral health treatment centers for children and adults."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Spec Proc Tech PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website