Penske Logistics seeks qualified candidates for an Area Finance Manager role supporting our warehouse and distribution operations. This role will be based out of one of our regional offices and aligned to an Area Vice President's area of responsibility. Candidates residing near Reading, PA; Irving, TX; Duluth, GA; Beachwood, OH; and Dearborn, MI will be considered.
The Field Area Financial Manager will manage all aspects of planning, forecasting, analysis and reporting for our field operations locations at an area level. Leads and directs the financial teams to support sales and operations. Position will provide contract knowledge and analytical support for various processes as well as provide additional support to other functional areas.
The Area Finance Manager will have accountability for all business planning and forecasting at the area level. Collaborate with Area and Site Operations Leadership and cross-functional teams to integrate Finance into all strategies, activities, and decision-making processes. Interface with the customer on an as-needed basis.
Qualified candidates for this role will have 7+ years of financial operations experience, and at least 3 years with direct report management as this role will oversee other finance associates, and a degree in finance or accounting. This role reports to finance leadership, but supports operation leaders up through vice-president level.
About Penske Logistics:
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management.
• Effectively analyze and interpret financial results comparing to the proforma/budget by understanding the relationship it has to P&L and the impact from scope/volume changes and inefficiencies. Provide opportunities and action plans for areas of concern to AVP.
• Lead and direct the process for identifying, specifying and developing financial strategies using LEAN principles.
• Effectively plan and forecast business results.
• Provide innovative pricing solutions to include risk assessment strategy for new and renewal deals.
• Participate on core selling team developing renewal strategies.
• Articulate the value proposition to the field and to our customers by identifying the critical metrics that should be measured to determine Penske's performance.
• Work with accounting team to ensure accuracy of monthly financials.
• Support corporate initiatives for systems, centralization and controllership inclusive of field location audits.
• Provide operational financial support and training.
• Responsible for management and development of analysts.
• Communicate and provide feedback to Area VP
• Other projects as assigned
• 7-15 years of finance/accounting experience
• 3-5 years of supervisory experience
• BS/BA in Finance or Accounting required
• Masters degree preferred
• Excellent communication and people skills required
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills required
• Quality program certification (Six Sigma, ISO, LEAN, etc.) preferred
• Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
• Knowledge of company systems and procedures preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Financial Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, Finance Manager, Finance Manager – Operations, Finance Management Analyst, Accounting Manager, Regional Financial Operations Manager
Apply on company website