Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. This senior level leadership position will be responsible for our Dedicated Contract Carriage (DCC) operations in the Northeast Area of the US and can be located in Eastern PA or NJ.
Primary objective is to ensure each customer group is operating efficiently based on Penske's contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained. This position will build account stability and customer satisfaction by focusing operations leaders on continuous improvement opportunities. Responsible for business growth and account management / retention of existing business.
Our Measures of Success for Leadership:
Provide opportunities for associates to work on meaningful projects to increase knowledge sharing and development.
- Interview and hire salaried associates up to Region Manager level.
- Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels of operations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence across multiple departments.
- Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development.
- Drive consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service and cost.
- Ensure all operations are optimally staffed and organized to maximize performance and service delivery.
- High aptitude for holistic supply chain solutions and ability to speak and direct a team to meet customer expectations.
- Ability to deal with a high-level of ambiguity and translate customer requirements into business actions.
- Strong analytical and strategic decision making skills.
Manage Profit & Loss (P&L) & revenue growth for multiple locations and states
- Identify synergies among all of the locations to drive productivity and to implement best practices.
- Work with the Operations Leaders to develop and implement business plans to improve financial performance year over year.
- Negotiate with customers for rate increases, scope changes, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of transportation purchasing and impacts to freight payment and accrual processing.
Growth / Customer Experience
Understand the competitive landscape of the customer's business across the globe and align resources to develop a solution.
- Work with internal customer experience team(s) to develop and maintain the strategic growth plan for the customer.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization.
- Proven ability to challenge and direct the customer to meet tactical and strategic customer goals.
In 2019, Penske Logistics was named to the top 100 Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine in the United States. We are committed to offering a total compensation including a competitive salary with bonus potential, multiple HealthCare offerings, 401k+match, Savings Plan, and company vehicle.
-15+ years related logistics experience required
-10+ years managerial experience, including multi-site P&L responsibility required
-Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain Management required
-Master's or advanced degree preferred
-Customer Relationship management, including demonstrated sales success with existing business required
-Project Management, including operations start-up and/or closedown experience preferred
-Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling, use of routing, Transportation Management and Warehouse Management applications preferred
-Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience (Transportation, Warehouse, Lead Logistics Provider, etc) preferred
-Multi-level presentation & communication skills (internally and externally) required
-Strong Financial Experience and Problem Solving / Process Improvement skills required
-Ability to travel up to 75%. This is a field operations position. Some weekends required
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website