Our Penske Corporate Recruiter will manage the full life cycle recruiting process, including sourcing, identifying, and selection of top talent, as well as creating a positive candidate experience. This position will support Penske's corporate operations and recruit for roles across multiple corporate functions, including finance, legal, real estate, corporate maintenance, operational excellence, safety, training, marketing, sales, HR, etc.
We are seeking a highly responsive, customer-focused individual with strong time management and organizational skills to manage a high volume of exempt-level positions, including management-level roles. This individual will need to execute at a high level, work with a sense of urgency, and think creatively to attract talent by taking the initiative, showing motivation, and thinking strategically. This position will require the proactive identification of active and passive talent through the flawless execution of our process.
This will be a full-time position based out of our corporate headquarters in Reading, PA, reporting to a Staffing Manager with a strong partnership to the Corporate Human Resources Managers/HR Representatives.
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of recruiting experience supporting similar corporate and exempt level roles and possess significant experience with direct sourcing. All recruiter candidates must be self-motivated and self-sufficient and have demonstrated expertise in developing creative solutions to solve problems.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Rd, Reading, PA 19607
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met through the creation of staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs and requirements, conducting intake/scoping calls and providing process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring managers.
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings, including the use of direct sourcing techniques and social media.
- Develops and maintains relationships with schools, colleges, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations to find and attract applicants. Ensures connections with local community organizations to promote Penske employment near corporate office locations.
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates, updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup candidates.
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks where appropriate
- Oversee and manage relationships with professional search firms to support niche-staffing needs. This includes ensuring proper contracting is executed and overseeing efficient and effective activity on behalf of your internal customer groups.
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to ensure polices and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports, candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized, or centralized company environment required
- Prior exempt level role recruiting required, preferred experience in niche position recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem-solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Proficient use of enterprise applicant tracking systems and various sourcing strategies, techniques, and social media required.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up with a high volume of activity
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Previous experience in managing relationships with staffing and third-party search firms preferred
- Willingness to travel, up to 10-15% to various locations by car, plane or train overnight, as required or directed by area operational leadership
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website