Location of Position:
This position must sit out of our Tampa, FL office. Candidates for this role must be available for relocation.
Most people know us for our big yellow trucks. But we're so much more than that. At Penske we have a 50-plus year history of leading the transportation and supply-chain industry, delivering world-class and award-winning technology solutions and the key to our success is our people.
We are experiencing rapid business growth and have added headcounts to IT teams across the organization to keep up with this expansion. Going into Winter 2021/2022, we are hiring immediately for full-time, long-term roles. On this team you will ensure our technology solutions keep our company and our customers moving forward.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Angular Developer (Software Engineer I), you will participate in all aspects of the Software Development lifecycle by supporting existing software development efforts and troubleshooting issues as they occur while also developing new software modules across multiple small to medium projects concurrently. You will have an opportunity to lead the design of certain software components and suggest new products, applications and features based on industry and technological trends and advances. You will also consult with process owners in reviewing, interpreting & developing systems in accordance with user requirements. Finally, you will get an opportunity to work with a diverse team and mentor junior software engineers.
Ideal candidates will have 5-7 years' developing applications with experience in the following areas:
• Angular (v2.0 or Greater)
• Responsive/Adaptive Design Experience (Desktop and Mobile)
• Project Lead/Technical Project Management
• Reviewing code from junior level and/or offshore/remote programmers or external vendors
• Systems monitoring and general support of applications
In addition, it would be a plus if the candidate also had experience with:
• Java, React, JQuery, Spring, myBatis, WebServices/Restful API, XML/JSON
• Relational Database Design
• Oracle, iSeries DB2, and MS SQL Server database experience
• SQL - Experience in writing optimized complex SQL statements
• NodeJS, Swagger, Postman
• Gulp, Maven, GIT, BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Artifactory
• Splunk or other log analyzers
• Elastic Search
• Microsoft Office and Visio
This position must sit out of our IT Center in Tampa, FL. We are open to relocating qualified candidates to the Tampa area.
- Act as the primary contact and lead support associate for multiple native/responsive mobile modules and processes, resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Participate in all aspects of the Mobile software Development lifecycle through supporting existing software development efforts and developing new software modules
- Develop, maintain, test, analyze performance, troubleshoot / fix applications and applicable code
- Delegate tasks and participate in reviewing code from junior onshore & offshore developers
- Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards and best practices
- Collaborate with product owners in gaining an understanding of requirements / acceptance criteria and translate into technical requirements
- Write unit / UI tests to help identify defects
- Work closely with the projectteam and report clearly and accurately to management
- Build and maintain stable working relationships internally
- Implement software for applications and related technology, with minimum oversight
- Influence the discovery and decision-making process when changes to standards and technology are required (tools, conventions and design patterns)
- Provides support to the business by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies)
- Communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams
- Ensuring solution is sustainable across implementation and use; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes and ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent years of software development experience
- 5+ years of overall IT experience with at least 3 years of native mobile development experience
- Understanding of project management concepts
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of appropriate mobile design frameworks and patterns
- Ability to work independently
- Experience deploying applications to the App Store
- Experience with Mobile Application features including geolocation, storage/filesystem, camera, barcode scanning
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- A team player mindset with an ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.E
Apply on company website