STARTING YOUR CAREER AS A TRUCK TECHNICIAN? This is a great entry level position to start your career as a diesel truck mechanic, learn from the best and move ahead.
We have industry leading trucks, technology, tools, and experts in the vehicle maintenance industry committed to helping you develop your career. If you have some mechanical or vehicle maintenance experience and you are Dynamic, Motivated and Ready to learn – WE ARE COMMITTED TO DEVELOPING YOU!
At Penske a Diesel Technician III is a mechanic’s helper/apprentice that will perform minor component repair or replacement and assist with the removal, replacement, and repair of major components and other duties under the direction of a lead technician or supervisor.
Schedule: Flexible Day Shift and Afternoon Shift Available
Additional Benefits: Toolboxes, RRSP Matching and Shift Premiums
We Offer YOU:
• Modern and clean work environment
• Industry leading technology and tools
• Competitive salary
• Attractive shift premiums
• New equipment and technology from variety of suppliers/dealerships
• RRSP program with company match
• Affordable health & dental benefit package
• Free uniforms and laundry service
• Tool and boots allowance
• Vacation time + 11 paid statutory holidays + paid sick days
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Comprehensive technical and professional training
• Opportunity for advancement throughout the company
• Partner’s discounts
• Remove, replace or adjust the following with some supervision: brakes (air and hydraulic), fifth wheel, minor electrical repairs, cab components and accessories, minor trailer maintenance such as doors, wheel seals, etc.
• Perform all aspects of preventive maintenance on vehicles as trained
• Perform other mechanical repairs and replacements as directed/assisted by Technician I, II, -Lead Technician or Supervisor as part of overall training
• All customer service duties as necessary
• Pick up and delivery of vehicles
• Maintain work area appearance and safety
• Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
• Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
• Adjust and replace brakes, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
• Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
• Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• 1-2 year’s practical experience with vehicle repair or truck repair preferred
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Vocational/Technical or certification preferred
• Must be currently enrolled in an apprentice program
• Must maintain membership/registration with respective Government Agencies
• Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
• Current driver's license class G or class 5 and the ability to obtain class DZ it within 6 months of been hired required
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems.
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference check.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 12kg, frequently lift and/or move up to 23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is committed to the principle of equity in employment.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: Vehicle Repair, Automotive Repair, Automotive Technician, Truck Repair, Skilled Trades, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Fabricator, Fabrication, Mechanic, Welder, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic.
Apply on company website