The Senior Engineer is responsible for preparing logistics analysis and engineering work involving all aspects of transportation, and warehouse design. They design, develop or implement comprehensive supply chain solutions to solve complex supply chain initiatives or problems, for customers, development activities and request for proposals. These solutions might involve the use of multiple modes and service lines. They use methods or tools under the guidance of their manager to create models, tools or processes that will be used by Analysts and Operations daily. They work on multiple projects or solutions concurrently in a self-directed manner with little supervision. They have had experiences working
on various teams, in different phases of the process with multiple customers. They focus on complex analytics, strategic network designs or implementations of solutions.
- Conducts logistics analysis in support of both operational and new sales projects.
- Conducts the development and implementation of engineering solutions, including programming/software development.
- Provide maintenance and support activities for all existing solutions, including software maintenance as needed.
- Preparation of technical and user documentation for all solutions.
- Prepare the results into documents and presentation formats.
- Develop a solution approach with Product Line Manager in the region.
- Develop an operations improvement approach with the regional operations
- Works on multiple projects or solutions concurrently
- Performs a wide range of tasks without much supervision or direction, able to work independently
- Participates in cross-functional groups to create the expected customer outcomes
- Works effectively as a team member accomplishing assigned goals
- Interacts with internal and external customers on an as needed basis
- Lead smaller projects or specific elements of larger projects
- Direct interfaces with the customer during the implementation or development process. Interacts with customers to collect data, understand what the customer does, what their business model is and what their expectations are
- Meets customer deadlines by providing required designs and analysis
- Develops an understanding of the customers' needs and take actions to ensure that such needs are met
- Supports the preparation of results into proposal documents or other engineering reports and presentations for customers and management
- Ensures a solution will meet financial goals and provide cost savings
- Often tasked with reducing overall cost for the projects for which assigned
- Estimates cost savings when developing solutions
- Participates in the selection process including on-boarding and training assistance of new associates
- Mentors and guides newer associates
- Able to resolve situations quickly, communicate status of problem, and work with the appropriate subject matter expert until it is fixed with the guidance of a more senior level associate
- Helps design solutions and processes for specific customer needs
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5+ years of experience as a Logistics Engineer or comparable experience designing, developing, implementing and executing supply chain solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Logistics, Management Science, Computer Science or other quantitative discipline required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Strong understanding of transportation, supply chain and logistics concepts
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal, and with internal and external customers required
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint) as well as Minitab. Skills in MS Project and Visio a plus.
- Must be able to effectively use supply chain network modeling design tools
- Ability to analyze data and conduct extensive research required
- Excellent analytical/problem solving capabilities
- Excellent presentation skills
- Must demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills, particularly when problems arise that may affect solution outcome and/or project schedule.
- Customer orientation
- Team player
- Must be able to work somewhat independently and concurrently on a range of unstructured tasks/projects and properly prioritize work, all with limited supervision or direction
- Developed time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website