The Senior Analyst, Corporate Tax reports to the Manager, Corporate Tax and is responsible for the preparation and review of all federal, state, and local returns
and assist in the preparation of international income tax returns and informational filings that are required to be filed by Penske Truck Leasing to maintain compliance in all the jurisdictions where Penske does business. This position requires knowledge and understanding of federal, state and international income tax law and U.S. generally accepted accounting principles.
• Prepare and review all federal, state and local income (franchise), and international tax filings that are required to be filed by PTL.
• Preparation of apportionment reports for state income tax filings.
• Drafting responses to tax notices and tax audit information document requests.
• Prepare and review required fixed asset, taxable income and balance sheet data and details required to compute IRC sections 704(b) books and 704(c) allocations.
• Assist in preparation of international tax compliance including preparation of international tax calculations for foreign tax credits, earnings and profits,
subpart F, preparation of Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, international tax disclosures, etc.
• Performs research, analysis, and consultation on changes in income tax legislative developments (federal, state local), and significant transactions.
• Develops research and positions for moderately complex income tax issues; clearly documents and communicates findings, both orally and in writing.
• Develops and implements processes needed to support income tax reporting; Actively identifies process improvement initiatives to streamline and increase efficiencies.
• Ensures completeness and effective utilization of available technology and internal reporting tools to gather and analyze data to support complex income tax calculations.
• Support ASC740 tax provision team and performs special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required, Concentration in Accounting preferred
• Master's Degree preferred
• CPA or Master's in Tax preferred
• 4 years of accounting experience for income taxes with a strong working knowledge of ASC740, APB23, FIN48 and SOX 404.
• 4 years of recent corporate tax experience in public accounting and/or large multi-national company.
• Must be proficient in federal, state and international income taxes
• Strong understanding of financial accounting concepts required
• Experience with partnership taxation a plus
• Experience researching complex tax issues required
• Strong organizational skills necessary to maintain complete and accurate tax accounting files and manage financial statement due date calendars to ensure timely close and financial reporting process.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical tax information required
• Must be able to work independently and as part of a team; organized and attentive to details; ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Strong problem solving skills required
• Must be able to develop solutions and process improvements
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background check (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website