Penske Vehicle Supply is the world class leader of ordering quality vehicles for the largest truck leasing company in the industry. An annual average of 30K vehicles are purchasing with a spend of $4BB. The Vehicle Supply specialist position entails providing daily responsibility of all Vehicle Supply functions which include the purchasing of all new cars, trucks, tractors, trailers, electronic tracking/management devices and all associated vehicle accessories such as reefers, liftgates, bodies, decals and APU's for the entire Penske Truck Leasing North American operation.
• Work/consult with the Penske field sales team to develop customer vehicle solutions through specification, design, order processing, and delivery management.
• Responsible for analysis, selection, and management of all Company Suppliers/OEMs
• Responsible for assuring that vehicles meet customer specifications and any government regulations.
• Manage the request for propsal (RFP) process with suppliers and negotiate the best possibe process.
• In partnership with corporate maintenance, provide feedback to vendors on products which do not meet customers expectations.
• Manage the SalesNet system assuring that all products and pricing are accurate.
• Negotiate and close purchase deals for all company service vehicles including cars and the preventative maintenance process.
• Manage company vehicle Pool inventory, including maintaining a cost-analysis.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by manager
• Bachelor's degree in Business or Supply Chain preferred
• 7-10 years experience in purchasing environment with a large organization required
• Prior experience with new and used vehicle market required.
• Prior experience with specialty vehicle equipment and OEM manufacturers preferred
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required, this position will intereact with internal associates up to and including senior leadership and also with external vendors.
• Ability to review workorders, specification sheets which requires attention to detail to assure accuracy.
• Proficiency in PC use required, experience with Word, Excel, and Access preferred. This position will also use in-house proprietary systems.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website