DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Central Sterile Supervisor Central Sterile Department Full-Time No Weekends FTE 1.0
Plantation General Hospital
Plantation, FL Facility Description:
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.Benefits:
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. Job Description:
Assumes leadership responsibility for this department by assisting the Director of Surgical Services in the orientation, development & management of personnel assigned to CSP. You will:
- Assist in meeting the standards of compliance, accreditation & regulatory bodies regarding supply & instrument processing & sterilization.
- Aid in the development, review & revision of policies and procedures.
- Direct a variety of sterile processing functions to maintain smooth operation of CSP.
- Process, sort, wrap & sterilize surgical trays & packs according to policy using appropriate sterilization method.
- Decontaminate and clean I.V. pumps, suction machines & other equipment brought down from the nursing units.
- Maintain appropriate shelf stock inventory of surgical supplies and restocks carts and shelves to par level.
- Clean and restock crash carts after each use.
- Provide direct supervision of CSP techs & assists the Director in completing the evaluation of staff performance timely.
- Demonstrate the ability to assign/delegate tasks appropriately based on staff competency.
- Schedule personnel to provide adequate coverage for surgical schedule and flexes hours according to case volume.
- Proactively check O.R. schedule daily to assure appropriate equipment & supplies necessary for procedures is available.
- Advanced knowledge of surgical instruments and sterilization procedures and infection control policies
- Basic supervisory experience
- Advanced knowledge of instrumentation, aseptic techniques and care/maintenance of instrumentation & equipment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certification from an approved CSP technical program required.
- Five years experience as a Certified CSP technician preferred.
- Two years experience as a CSP Supervisor preferred.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website