BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US!
At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we encourage a company culture that promotes professionalism, teamwork, health & wellness and work-life balance. If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for success, consider building a career with us. We're proud to be one of the most established builders in the industry, with 42 years of experience and 210,000 homes to our credit.
We are seeking a professional, experienced, and effective senior corporate financial analyst with a proven history of success to join our team. Our ideal candidates have a passion for results and the willingness to put in the time and effort to get the job done.
In this role you will develop reporting and analysis related to operating activities in support of senior management; develop presentations and reporting packages given to the board, senior management, and outside investment analysts; and provide analysis, insights and commentary on company performance.
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting and operational metrics tracking
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Identify trends and make recommendations for improvements
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Aid in the capital budgeting and expenditure planning processes
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Support core processes regarding monthly results and quarterly earnings
- Coordination with business leaders to determine and understand assumptions and trends in order to provide valuable analytical insight
- Create and develop visual presentations and informational packages for use by senior management
- Assist in the development and improvement of budgeting, forecasting and financial models
- Manage the planning application and increase productivity by developing automated reporting and forecasting tools
- Other special projects, ad hoc reporting and analysis duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in corporate financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, financial modeling and development of presentations for senior management
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Homebuilding industry experience is a plus, but not required
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to present and communicate work effectively to key constituents
- Strong customer focus with demonstrated ability to build meaningful relationships
- Patience and ability to excel under pressure, handling requests often with tight deadlines
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Must be able to work independently and with a team and organize time to meet goals
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance or related field
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Experience with IBM Cognos TM1 and JD Edwards Enterprise One desirable
Benefits & Perks
While we value hard work, we also recognize the importance of having fun! Our employees enjoy a collaborative environment where they can freely bounce ideas off one another and participate in exciting teambuilding activities and outings, like trips to the ballpark, holiday celebrations, regular office socials and much more.
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package (Medical, Dental, 401K, etc.)
- Discounted pet insurance
- Home purchase discounts & more!
*All benefits are subject to qualification and hire dates. Not all benefits apply to commissioned sales people.
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information and to apply.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website