Title: Pathology Surgical Grossing Technician Company: Roswell Park Cancer Institute Department: Human Histology Time Type: Full time Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: First Shift (United States of America) Summary: Functions as Pathology Surgical Grossing Technician within the Pathology department. Assists in the gross preparation of non-complex surgical examinations which includes: selection and preparation of tissue for microscopic examination; performs gross description of non-complex surgical specimens; assures correct accessioning and numbering of surgical specimens utilizing the information system. Performs simple and complex tests in Pathology/Laboratory to provide data for use in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer and cancer-related diseases in a timely, accurate and dependable manner. Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
1. License to practice as a Clinical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technologist in the State of New York; or
2. Associate's degree in Medical Technology or a related health care discipline and eligibility for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technician in the State of New York.
1. License to practice as a Certified Histological Technician in the State of New York may be accepted in lieu of the licensure requirement found in “1” above for positions assigned to the Histology Service; or
2. Eligibility for licensure as a Certified Histological Technician in the State of New York may be accepted in lieu of the licensure eligibility requirement found in “2” above for those positions assigned to the Histology Service.
3. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Apply on company website