Smiths Medical is currently hiring a Global Category Manager in Minneapolis, MN.
The Global Category Manager will develop and implement sourcing strategies that secure the best total value for the good and services of Smiths Medical purchases worldwide. You will establish strategic direction and ongoing management of assigned categories for direct materials, partnering with Operations, R&D, Regulatory and Quality to identify supply chain opportunities in these Category areas. The Global Category Manager will develop and maintain a qualified supply base, while understanding technology trends and market influences. This position will also maintain overall business ownership of specific categories (mainly Electronics and Machining) to include managing, facilitating, and monitoring communications with suppliers and Smiths Medical employees.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead highly strategic, global, cross-functional Sourcing Teams and champion the global strategic sourcing process for assigned categories.
- Develop and deploy cost reduction/profit improvement plans with suppliers that directly impact yearly economic performance to achieve business goals.
- Collaborates with other cross functional teams focused on cost control, process improvements and other Supply Chain initiatives to achieve competitive advantage and improve responsiveness to customer demand.
- Maintain current knowledge industry and market factors affecting assigned categories, to allow for effective discussion and negotiating with technical personnel within Smiths Medical and supplier network.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.The Individual
- University Degree (BA/BS degree) required, with preferred field in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering or Economics.
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years work experience in Commodity/Category Management, Procurement and/or Strategic Sourcing within a global, organization with experience in advanced sourcing strategies for internationally based suppliers.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or equivalent experience.
- Cost management practices, with history of delivery against targets.
- Proficient at thinking and acting strategically, championing change, and generating innovative solutions.
- Possess a strong customer focus with the ability to manage multiple projects under deadline constraints.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contractual negotiations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement strategy and market drivers.
- Knowledge of plastics, injection molding, and OEM components.
- Excellent planning and organizational, project management and time management skills.
- Familiar in working within a regulated industry such as FDA and ISO requirements and the implications upon quality systems and manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) is essential.
- Experience with Oracle-based reporting interfaces a plus.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Smiths
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we're an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Apply on company website