Location: Pittsfield, MA – Outpatient Treatment Program
Pay rate: $16.00/per hour
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours. Monday-Friday, 5:30 AM-2:00 PM.
The Patient Accounts Coordinator is responsible for:
- Managing the effective flow of communication and data within the following areas: Patient Accounts, DPH (Department of Public Health) assessments, MassHealth enrollment, and Cash Collections.
- Verifying client insurance eligibility and client responsibility.
- Determining DPH Eligibility and maintaining DPH reporting.
- Assessing all DPH Clients every 90 days.
- Compiling and submitting monthly MassHealth travel vouchers.
- Assisting and enrolling clients with MassHealth via Health Connector.
- Assisting clinical coordinators in understanding what is expected of client for payment.
- Assisting clinical coordinators when needed with tracking weekly patient accounts collections and maintaining daily cash receipt log for both credit cards and money orders.
- Assessing client's needs and assigning the client to the appropriate means of coverage for their services.
- Running eligibility on clients pending MassHealth applications.
- Equivalent of an Associate degree in business or related field or minimum of three years of experience in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of state and federal funded regulations, eligibility, and billing procedures required.
- Must have the ability to proficiently operate computer programs, such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prior knowledge and work experience with registration and insurance preferred, especially knowledge of insurance requirements.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational and interpersonal skills; ability to handle complex and confidential information.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and prioritize based on client necessity and handles customer service issues including but not limited to client complaints.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact with all levels of personnel, both within and outside company required.
- Health/dental/vision/disability insurances
- Company-paid life insurance/EAP
- Paid time off
- 401k with company contribution
- Tuition reimbursement/assistance programs
- Discounts on wide array of services/entertainment
Since 1969, Spectrum Health Systems, Inc. has been a leader in the field of alcohol and drug abuse treatment. We're looking for employees who are interested in helping others, saving lives, changing futures, and being proud of the company they work for.
Spectrum Health Systems is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Apply on company website