SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
The Dublin & London Private Equity Fund Accounting team is made up of over 20 professional experts. The primary clients are leading closed ended fund managers who are well known names in the EMEA region. The majority of the clients invest through structures based in Cayman / Luxembourg and deals in complex products (Bank Loans, CDS, IRS, Fund of Fund etc). This is a fantastic chance to join a growing team which has grown from 4 to over 20 in the past few years.
Within this role you will be a key contact in the Dublin office for clients based in Europe. Responsibility includes but not limited to preparation, review and the oversight of all client deliverables. Within this role you will be responsible for providing the accounting and reporting function for a number of private equity clients. Working for a private equity fund manager would be an advantage.
- Assist to manage the client deliverables and coordinate with different internal departments in multiple jurisdictions to ensure deadlines are met.
- Oversee the maintenance of client general ledgers and other records.
- Review and prepare NAV calculation, audited and unaudited financial statements, partner capital statements, management fee calculation, drawdowns, distributions and the underlying work papers.
- Manage the preparation of regulatory reporting supporting documents such as Form PF, FATCA, BCL, etc. etc. Manage the preparation of tax supporting documents.
- Respond to client ad-hoc enquiries and requests.
- Preparing other ad-hoc reporting where required.
- Provide input to client service plans, calendars and timelines
Client Engagement Management:
- Act as one of the daily points of contact for clients, ensure to communicate promptly and professionally with clients and develop ongoing relationship
- Prepare appropriate material and responses for client meetings and other requests.
- Coordinate, support and facilitate the external audit process and other third party reporting's.
- Opportunity to broaden exposure by working on investment accounting, fund administration, client servicing and investor servicing.
- Opportunity to work with a global team to develop private equity debt and associated services in EMEA.
- Ability to implement new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and increase operating efficiency.
- Develop and demonstrate the ability to work under pressure in a high growth environment, implement high quality processes with strong focus on process development.
- Coordinate private equity services across internal functions including Cash, Corporate Secretarial, Legal and AML.
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the largest global investment managers.
- Networking and communicating across Private Equity and associated internal and external businesses; interacting with Risk & Controls, Legal, Implementations and Sales.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA) - Preferred
- Experience in private equity, real estate, Fund of Funds or debt/loan funds - Essential
- Familiarity with preparing and reviewing of capital call and distribution calculations, management fee calculations, waterfall calculations and preparation of financial statements
- Knowledge of partnership accounting
- Experience of primary and secondary Debt market preferred
- Knowledge of US GAAP / UK GAAP and IFRS
- Prior supervisory experience
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure and manage tight internal and client deadlines
- Strong communication skills, including written, listening and presentation abilities
- Solid attention to detail
- Solid client relationship management skills
- Willingness to travel, occasional travel required to other offices
SS&C provides software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. Through a combination of organic innovation and strategic acquisitions, we have assembled a comprehensive selection of technology and service capabilities, backed by industry-leading expertise. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired over 50 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets. Acquisitions include GlobeOp, Advent Software, Citi Alternative Investor Services, Wells Fargo Global Fund Services and DST Systems.
SS&C has more than 24,000 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence.
SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
Data Privacy Notice
The provision of personal information through your job application will be processed in accordance with SS&C Data Privacy Notice for Candidates (https://www.ssctech.com/Portals/0/Documents/pdf-assets/SSC-EEA-Data-Protection-Policy.pdf), which the applicant hereby acknowledges having read and fully understood.
SS&C is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.
Apply on company website