Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Clinical Support Resource Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Clinical Support Resource Nurse opening and continue to learn!Job Summary and Qualifications
The New Graduate Resource Nurse supports high quality, patient-centered care by offering feedback, guidance, and mentoring to new graduate nurses and/or nurses that are transitioning to a new specialty. The New Graduate Resource Nurse supports multiple units. The New Graduate Resource Nurse provides guidance and education on the hospital's standard of nursing practice, policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with all accrediting and regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs rounds on each nursing unit, continuously observing, assessing the quality of patient care, and identifying nursing educational needs. Escalates concerns about nursing skills, patient care, policies, processes, and equipment as appropriate.
- Utilizes skills of observation. Provides feedback on nursing assessments, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of patient care.
- Provides feedback and mentoring on patient assessments and care planning.
- Provides assistance with performing or troubleshooting specific skills.
- Maintains IMobile phone for easy contact by new graduates or nurses within scope of support.
- Tracks requests to identify most commonly requested skills for purposes of enhancing orientation & education.
- Fosters teamwork and contributes to achievement of team goals.
- Attends rapid responses and codes as needed, to observe, provide feedback, and debrief, facilitate education, direction, coaching before, during and after the rapid response or code as indicated.
- Shares knowledge/expertise and assists co-workers.
What qualifications you will need:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in accordance with law and regulation. Required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)- Required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Required
- Preceptor Training Required within 90 days
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) Required within 30 days
- Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) Required within 90 days
- Business Emergency Response Training (BERT) Required within 90 days
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Required within 1 year
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) within one year
Education and Experience
- Associate Degree in Nursing or RN Diploma - Required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing- preferred
- 2+ years experience as an RN - Required
- 1+ years experience in a leadership role - Preferred
- 1+ years experience as a preceptor - Preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare. We are a 368-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties. Our services include a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult Transplant and Cellular Therapy Program; advanced trauma care with a Level II trauma center; comprehensive cardiac, stroke and orthopedic programs; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop. St. David's South Austin Medical Center is affiliated with the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. We offer advanced robotic services for orthopedics, open heart and lung surgery, complex GI surgery, surgical oncology, general surgery, colorectal surgery, and urology. It was one of the first hospitals in Central Texas to combine the use of CT imaging and robotics to detect early stage lung cancer.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Support Resource Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website