Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Lead Patient Care Technician? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Lead Patient Care Technician like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Lead Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will deliver high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of patient care services related to activities of daily living and basic needs. Under the supervision of the registered nurse, you will deliver patient care while providing emotional and physical comfort to the patient. As a Lead PCT, you will assists in hiring, training and precepting new and current employees.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
- You will assist patients with basic needs, personal hygiene, mobility and transportation.
- You will obtain and record patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data and vital signs
- In conjunction with nurses and physicians, you will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided
- You will be responsible for recording information in patient medical records
- You will maintain close communicate with physicians, nurses and healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient's condition
- You will monitor supplies levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed
- You will be responsible for ensuring new processes, equipment and other changes are communicated and taught to other PCTs
- You will participate in the hiring process of new Patient Care Technicians
- 1 year of experience in a Patient Care role at an HCA facility
- 2+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting – preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification – preferred
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Lead Patient Care Technician opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website