Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Medical Technologist PRN today with St. David's South Austin Medical Center.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Come join our team as a(an) Medical Technologist PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Medical Technologist, you will be responsible for performing moderate and high complexity testing. You will analyze, review, and report test results and quality control results, and ensure specimen integrity by adhering to laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- You will perform clinical laboratory assays in one or more of the technical disciplines
- You will correctly receive specimens, print labels, and enter and verify patient data without errors
- You will ensure that assay results are reported in a timely, legible, and meaningful format with appropriate reference values and/or interpretive comments
- You will ensure that test selection and reference ranges are age-appropriate
- You will ensure timely availability of laboratory results
- You will perform quality control activities appropriate to each assay performed and respond appropriately to outlier results
- You will participate in proficiency testing activities in each applicable technical area
- You will be responsible for preventative maintenance and repair of instrumentation, as well as preparation of calibrators, reagents, and other materials
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related field OR graduation from a clinical rotation or internship in an accredited medical technology program or a 50 week military training course or acceptable equivalent which results in eligibility to take the registry exam in Medical Technology (Clinical Laboratory Science). Alternate degrees hours or programs must have certification in ASCP, NCA, or AMT
- If hired before 09/01/2019, employee will be considered grandfathered to previous requirements: 1) Education and training equivalent to an Associate Degree in Laboratory or Medical Laboratory Technology; 2) A graduate of an accredited school of Medical Technology or Medical Laboratory Science
Licenses and Certifications
- Registration as a Medical Technologist by ASCP, NCA, or AMT within 1 year of hire
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Technologist PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website