Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 17,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
An intermediate designer provides direct support to the Electrical Engineering Departments, based out of Pickering Ontario Office. Candidates will perform design and technical calculations, construction details as well as drawings and diagrams related to project requirements. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform design and technical calculations, material lists, construction details, drawings and diagrams relating to the overhead and underground distribution system, utility and generation projects
- Prepare complex and complete drawings using computerized drafting tools, using AutoCAD or Microstation
- Exercise initiative in completing recurring assignments independently and applying judgement in determining which of many methods are applicable
- Graduation from an accredited institute program in Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Technology or Technician with OACETT Certification
- 5+ years of relevant design/drafting experience in consulting and/or Energy environment
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD and/or Microstation
- Previous nuclear experience is considered an asset
- Must be eligible to obtain security clearance
- Knowledge and working experience related to Canadian Safety Code
- Computer knowledge in MS Office Suite
- Ability to work in team environment
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively when managing multiple tasks
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Experience in an engineering consulting firm is considered an asset.
- Working experience in 3D design software would be considered an asset
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please contact local HR regarding any accommodation requirements to make the recruitment process accessible to all interested parties. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 705 PWR
Apply on company website