Tetra Tech company is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams.
Tetra Tech – Green Bay anticipates having full-time positions available for entry level environmental technicians, specializing in landfill construction quality assurance (CQA). The construction projects will be managed and staffed out of our Green Bay office; however, actual project locations will be throughout the upper Midwest.
Will work under the direct supervision of project managers, resident engineers, and/or lead environmental technicians.
Job duties may include:
- Using nuclear density/moisture gauges to conduct in-situ testing of soil.
- Collecting soil and aggregate samples for laboratory analysis.
- Observation and documentation of contractor's work for conformance with plans and specifications.
- Observation and documentation of the installation of geosynthetics.
- Compilation of daily reports and entry of field data for Construction Documentation Reports.
- Successful candidates should, at a minimum, have an associate degree in civil or environmental engineering technology, or a Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management, or one of the earth sciences.
- Successful candidates must be in good physical condition and be able to consistently lift and work with equipment weighing 25 to 75 pounds.
- Successful candidates must be able and willing to work outdoors 40 to 70 hours per week in a variety of weather conditions.
- Landfill CQA projects require extensive travel demands; therefore, the willingness and availability to be away from home for extended periods of time (e.g.: one to three weeks) is required.
- GPS surveying capabilities a plus but not required.
Due to the nature of the position being offered, this offer is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- A background investigation. Please note that this investigation requires your consent and cooperation.
- You will be required to drive on a regular basis for Company business you must maintain a safe driving record as defined by Tetra Tech's Vehicle Safety program. This offer of employment is contingent upon successful evaluation of a motor vehicle (MVR) check.
- You will be required to successfully pass a uranalysis drug screen. Tetra Tech Solid Waste East is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol business as such you will be subject to quarterly random drug screens where allowable by law.
- This offer is also contingent on valid proof of completed OSHA 10 Hour Construction certificate as defined by Tetra Tech.
- The job offered to you and its associated essential elements of work; you will be required to pass a comprehensive Medical Examination.
- If you have received any health and safety training relevant to this regulation previously, please provide copies of certificates documenting such training.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability - No calls or agencies
- Organization: 209 SWE
Apply on company website