Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Medical Laboratory Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join The Woman's Hospital of Texas which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
The Woman's Hospital of Texas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Medical Laboratory Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
- Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Manager, the Medical Technologist performs routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids.
- Requires no supervision for processing specimens, performing testing, or reporting results. No review of patient results is required prior to reporting.
- Maintains required competencies in all departments assigned.
- Demonstrates accuracy for all testing performed.
- Observes patient safety, risk management and infection control policies and procedures
- Performs related quality control and required proficiency testing according to policy and procedure.
- Fulfills the duty and responsibility to maintain competence and to continue personal and professional growth.
- Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness while maintaining patient safety and quality of care. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
- Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
- Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
- Communicate effectively with other care providers (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
- Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices.
- Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit, facility and organization.
- To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
Reports to: Laboratory Director/Laboratory Manager
- Bachelor Degree in a Chemical, Physical, Biological, or Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science (MT/CLS) from an accredited institution.
- Or be qualified under CLIA guidelines for MT/CLS.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
At The Woman's Hospital of Texas, our care philosophy is Woman First. It's in our name, and it's in our founding mission. Our 420+ bed hospital was founded in 1976 by 29 physicians who recognized a need in Houston for a facility focused solely on women in all stages of life. We were the first women's hospital in Houston and first facility in Texas dedicated to the health of women and newborns. Today, we are the state's premier facility dedicated to the health of women and children offering expertise and an outstanding level of care in breast health, imaging, gynecology, minimally invasive surgery, infertility, obstetrics, high-risk pregnancy, and pediatrics. We deliver 800+ babies a month, more than any other hospital in Texas, and care for more multiple births than any other hospital in the region. Our Level IV NICU provides the highest level of care for premature babies and we have the area's only March of Dimes NICU Family Support program. As a member of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive healthcare provider in the region, we are a part of a network that delivers stronger, smarter and more accessible care to women than any other medical system across the Houston area.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Laboratory Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website