Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Job Type: Regular
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Department: ICE | PeriopSvc Perioperative Care Service
Summary of Job Duties: The Laser Technician's role is to ensure competent and safe operation of medium and high-powered health care laser systems in the clinical setting. Additionally, the laser technician will assist the Chief Laser Technician/ Laser Safety Officer as requested.
This position may rotate between UAMS campus and the new Health Specialty Center (HSC). HSC is located in the Premier Medical Plaza at 10915 Rodney Parham Road in west Little Rock. The UAMS Health Specialty Center will house an Ambulatory Surgery, Interventional Radiology, a Urology Clinic and an Advanced Imaging Center.
Associate's degree in the area of laser electro-optic technology or demonstrable equivalent work history.
- Operation of health care laser systems (HCLS) in the clinical setting.
- Establishing Laser Treatment Controlled Area when operating Class 3B & 4 Lasers in accordance with all UAMS policy and procedures.
- Ensure HCLS is operated in accordance with the standard operating procedures, laser user manual and UAMS policy and procedures.
- Ensure all staff is provided adequate personal protective equipment as outlined within the standard operating procedures, laser user manual and UAMS policy and procedures.
- Ensure ongoing safety throughout laser procedure.
- Documentation of safety measures and laser parameters utilized during clinical laser treatments.
- Maintaining approved laser operator certifications for all lasers tasked to operate.
- Deputy Laser Safety Officer
- Assists the Laser Safety Officer to ensure excellence in the ongoing laser safety program.
Commensurate with education and experience
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Apply on company website