Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position: Management - Operations
Job Type: Regular
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Department: ICE | CORE PA IP Care Management 1 IP C
Summary of Job Duties: This is a Part-Time position
The RN Care Manager is responsible for managing the continuum of care for admission through discharge for assigned patients. The role reflects appropriate knowledge of the RN scope of practice, current state requirements, CMS Conditions of Participation, EMTALA, Patient Bill of Rights, AB 1203 and other Federal or State regulatory agency requirements specific to discharge planning. The RN Care Manager partners with the multi-disciplinary team, utilizes scientific evidence for best practices, relevant data and compliance with the Mission and Core Values of UAMS.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, ADN, or Diploma RN Degree
- Three (3) years RN experience with current BLS certification
- Valid Arkansas Registered Nursing License
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Strong work ethics and accountability
- National Nursing Certification
- BSN preferred; Certified Case Manager (CCM) or American Case Management (ACM) certification
- Initiates appropriate referrals to internal and external interdisciplinary teams.
- Establishes a working diagnosis on every patient at the time of the initial review.
- Communicates the target length of stay estimated discharge on every patient at the time of the initial review and coordinates the discharge planning process in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Documents all team, physician, and patient/family communication and concerns pertaining to coordinating of care and services.
- Communicates with physicians regarding the level of care or admission status when appropriate criteria are not met for inpatient, observation, or continued stay review.
- Identifies, intervenes on taking a proactive approach to ensure right time discharges and documents avoidable and denied days and discharge delays.
- Identifies patients/families with psychosocial and/or non-medical discharge planning needs and refers to the Social Work team member as appropriate.
- Assesses the patient prior to discharge to determine if the plan is appropriate and makes necessary revisions.
- Identifies and refers cases appropriate for Ethics Committee consideration.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Evidenced Based Practice/Research process. Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice.
- Supports the integration of current evidence into nursing practices.
- Promotes an environment conducive to positive educational experience for all students and staff.
- Provides effective patient/family education (link to PFCC).
- Implements POC using an approach that is interdisciplinary with Patient and Family Centered Care.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with the multidisciplinary team at all levels.
- Communicates care appropriately through documentation in the medical record.
- Reports variances in care/systems/processes through the appropriate means.
- Acts as a resource to others in the performance of duties.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the personal and professional development of other UAMS employees.
- Participates in recruitment/retention of staff. Facilitates development and implementation of nursing practice standards that are evidence-based and in compliance with standards.
May perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with education and experience
License or Certificate (see special instructions for submission instructions), Resume
Required Documents to Apply:
Proof of Veteran Status
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements: Annual TB Screening, Criminal Background Check, Substance Abuse Testing
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity: Hearing
Frequent Physical Activity: Balancing, Feeling, Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Talking, Walking
Occasional Physical Activity: Crawling, Crouching, Kneeling, Reaching, Stooping
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Apply on company website