Experience a place of energy, passion, and excitement. A place where the joy of discovery and uncommon artistry blend to create exhilarating buying experiences—for true beauty enthusiasts. At Ulta Beauty, we're transforming the world one shade, one lash, one cut at a time. Because beauty is powerful.
If you seek greater purpose—a place of vision, mission, and lived values—where voices are heard, contributions valued and recognized and growth opportunities abound, consider Ulta Beauty. Nowhere else are the possibilities quite this beautiful.
This is a new position for Ulta Beauty. This role is being tested and may not continue in the future. If the role is eliminated, and you are employed and in good standing with the company at that time, we will make our best effort to locate a Beauty Advisor position for you at a pay rate for that role.
This position may be full-time and or part-time depending on current business needs
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
Through professional caliber makeup artistry, you will help our Beauty Enthusiast guests discover whole new levels of personal beauty and fulfillment. You will embody the Ulta Beauty and M•A•C Experience (our service model) by creating welcoming, inspiring and personalized experiences that both surprise and delight. In this way, you will set a winning example of all things Ulta Beauty—living out our values in real and compelling ways, while maintaining the highest standards of professionalism in all that you do.
If all of this sounds interesting, you'll be tasked with accomplishing these goals by:
- Greeting guests with warm, prompt and individualized service and learning of their needs by tuning in, asking good questions, listening to learn and recommending/demonstrating appropriate products, samples and services
- Conducting personalized, professional caliber makeup demonstrations, applications, and lessons to M·A·C and Ulta Beauty standards
- Sharing product knowledge, makeup application techniques, information on makeup trends, M·A·C consciousness programs, M·A·C and philosophies
- Serving as Ulta Beauty and M·A·C brand ambassadors with the all store associates, brand partners and guests
- Maintaining/updating an active clientele portfolio
- Meeting/exceeding individual sales targets
- Participating in promotions and marketing initiatives, promoting Ulta Beauty loyalty and guest service programs
- Studying and practicing Skill Certification requirements and completing as many skill sets as appropriate
- Actively participating in M·A·C and Ulta Beauty training sessions
- Maintaining the work environment by cleaning displayer units, tools, testers throughout the day and cleaning/replacing broken or damaged products
- Assisting in various inventory management tasks (stocking, restocking, rotating stock, etc.)
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
Qualified candidates will possess 3-4 years of prestige product line retail experience, to include cosmetics artistry experience. Additional requirements include:
- A high school diploma (or equivalent) with 3-4 years of relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Adherence to Ulta Beauty and M•A•C dress code standards, while maintaining a professional appearance
- Demonstrated sales, product and service competency
- The ability to build and maintain strong guest relationships, positively and proactively handling concerns and prioritizing tasks
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work nights and weekends
- A Demonstrator's license may be required in some states
- On a regular basis, requires the ability to stand, bend and lift 50 pounds of merchandise for a full-scheduled shift
COLORADO PAY RANGE
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position.
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.
Apply on company website