Ulta Beauty is the largest specialty beauty retailer in the United States and the place for the true beauty enthusiast who gets butterflies as she shops for beauty and experiments throughout our store. We are the only one to provide our guests prestige, mass and salon products and services under one roof – All Things Beauty, All in One Place™. We put our guests at the center of all we do, committing to offer her unrivaled ways to be beautiful in an environment that provides the thrill of exploration and delight of discovery.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Store Operations Program Manager- Strategic Initiatives is responsible for supporting the fluctuating needs of a growing organization through program management and strategic planning. The Store Operations Program Manager- Strategic Initiatives leads cross-functional projects to improve processes and create new business cases to support initiatives that will drive financial and operational excellence now and in the future. It also requires assessing future strategic processes that could be used to improve store operations and our associate experience. This position requires the aptitude to influence colleagues, peers, and Ulta Beauty's Leadership team throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has exceptional verbal and written communication skills, a history of leading multiple projects simultaneously, and driving successful results in retail, operational, or service related industry.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
The Store Operations Program Manager- Strategic Initiatives is a champion of Ulta Beauty's mission, vision, and values, and should demonstrate them skillfully and consistently through the following (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned):
- Influences accountability to plan, execute, and achieve objectives in order to implement programs and procedures that align with company strategy for growth and profit.
- Assists with analyzing potential for future capabilities and initiatives to determine how they fit into the strategic plans of the enterprise and the Store Operations department; determines the ROI related to these capabilities.
- Creates RFPs and blueprints for new capabilities; plans and executes corresponding pilots and test & learn programs and identifies opportunities for ongoing program management.
- Monitors and coordinates Store Operations project prioritization consistent with organizational strategic imperatives, while seamlessly shifting focuses to react to the changing needs of the business, without compromising quality.
- Identifies trends within the organization and the beauty retail industry and anticipates the needs of the business, guests and associates.
- Develops, communicates, and teaches operational best practices for project management and execution.
- Provides timely and accurate reports on project status to stakeholders while adhering to Ulta Beauty's standards.
- Delivers quality solutions that meet the constraints of time, cost, and scope.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to launch new initiatives, and track and analyze performance.
- Leads project teams in defining project deliverables, milestones, resources, and schedule.
- Anticipates resource needs ahead of time and galvanizes resources to achieve desired results.
- Understands and anticipates the impacts of critical issues and mitigates or escalates when appropriate.
- Facilitates proactive change management to all levels of the organization impacted by project rollouts.
- Manages execution of large complex projects, including project schedules, training and communication plans, and reporting risks and issues along with planned corrective action.
- Leads project team in implementing and applying standard processes for change management, risk management, issues management, quality assurance, and project communications.
- Analyzes data to determine appropriate actions needed to optimize results.
- Assists in developing and documenting training materials.
- Coordinates with Store Design, Merchandising, Pricing, Customer Insights and Marketing teams and varying cross functional partners to implement solutions that optimize use of store resources and process efficiencies to rollout and execute major initiatives.
- Maintains detailed records and prepares related reporting.
- Bachelor's degree, or 5+ years of equivalent experience
- Previous work or educational experience with project management
- Demonstrated project management planning/execution skills with a record of leading projects to obtain tangible business results
- Experience leading cross functional teams with diverse goals and responsibilities
- Expert level verbal and written communication skills
- Proven expert level organizational skills with the analytical ability to problem-solve, multi-task, and prioritize effectively
- Ability to quickly learn and understand business processes outside area of expertise
- Energy, enthusiasm, and drive to continuously and proactively manage a heavy workload
- Strong computer skills, including, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work a flexible, full-time schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel, including overnight stays
- Normal office demands
- Visit stores to develop an understanding of the store experience and collaborate with field partners
Apply on company website