The University of California Davis, Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine is a dynamic team of over 75 attending physicians, 28 CRNA's, 51 residents and fellows and more than 40 administrative and support staff. As part of UC Davis Health, we have a vital role in the care provided to patients from Sacramento and the local region, with referrals from a substantial geographic area of Northern California to the Oregon and Nevada borders. Department members provide care to patients of all ages from preterm infants to centenarians, across all specialties, as patients undergo diagnostic, therapeutic, interventional, obstetric and surgical procedures that require anesthesia. Job Summary Final Filing Date : 07/30/2021 Salary Range : $9,950 to $22,916.67 Salary Frequency : Monthly Appointment Type : Career Percentage of Time : 100% Shift Hour : Variable Location : Main Hospital City : Sacramento Union Representation : No Benefits Eligible : Yes We offer exceptional employment benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, generous paid vacations and holidays, excellent retirement savings and investment plans, continuing education, and reduced fee and scholarship programs. THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY Responsibilities Interviews, examines and provides anesthesia services in the Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine as assigned by the Department Chair. Patient contact to include the USC area, emergencies at contracted facilities as well as preoperative examinations at UCDMC. Provides input into various Department, Hospital, or UCDHS Committees which have a clinical emphasis by serving on these committees and relaying information back to Department. May help faculty members on clinical protocols and contracts. Attends Department monthly faculty meetings. Interviews, examines and provides anesthesia service in all operating areas at UCDMC. Demonstrated skill in clinical patient care. Documents patient care on patient charts. Performs inpatient consultations and preoperative examinations. While on night call, responsible for assignment of cases. The incumbent in this position has a separate appointment as a Volunteer Clinical Faculty. This separate appointment allows the staff physician to supervise and interact with medical students, house staff and fellows in an ancillary teaching capacity. Attends and participates in conference. Required Qualifications
- Must hold a Medical Doctor (or equivalent) degree
- Valid California Medical License or equivalent certification to practice medicine in California, and must meet the UCDH Medical Staff requirements regarding American Board Certification
- Board Certified or eligible in the specialties identified in the Position Description, if any.
- Federal DEA license without restrictions, to the extent necessary to render professional medical services pursuant to the job duties and responsibilities set forth in this Position Description.
- Ability to be an active member in good standing with full privileges of the Medical Staff of the University of California, Davis Health System (“UCDHS”) or other hospitals where the Department Chair assigns work.
- THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
Apply on company website