As a member of the Degree Audit and Graduation team in the Registrar's Office, the Degree Audit and Graduation assistant is responsible for providing support in the maintenance of the degree audit/course plans, graduation processes and curriculum maintenance. The Assistant provides support and assistance on a broad range of areas including, but not limited to, validation and conferral of degree records, entering of University Honors, maintenance of the four-year course plans, auditing to identify data discrepancies, and support for the Assistant Registrar related to graduation progress and Academic Senate curriculum changes. The incumbent works cooperatively with campus offices and academic departments to provide students, faculty, staff, and all other levels of the University community with interpretation of academic policies, procedures, and standards to adhere to university, state, and federal regulations. Please note Cover Letter Required. Please note a Skills Test will be conducted as part of the interview process.
Budgeted hiring hourly salary range is: $22.51-$24.09 Minimum Requirements 1. Four (4) years demonstrated experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Ability to interpret and apply federal, state, and UC regulations pertaining to student records, including the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
3. Skill in effectively analyzing and interpreting policies, practices, and guidelines with strict attention to detail.
4. Ability to effectively, professionally, and tactfully interact and communicate, both orally and in writing, with students, faculty, staff and visitors. Skill in independently composing letters, memos, reports, and other written communication materials using correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, composition, text editing, and proofreading skills.
5. Ability to tactfully handle difficult requests and to offer alternatives.
6. Demonstrated organizational skills and abilities in managing multiple tasks and timelines. The incumbent must possess the ability to work effectively in a service environment that is subject to frequent interruptions. Skill in setting priorities that accurately reflects the relative importance of job responsibilities.
7. Ability to understand the nuances of degree requirements.
8. Ability to work independently while maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers in a team environment and with strict confidentiality at all times.
9. Demonstrated skill in expressing ideas clearly and convincingly.
10. Demonstrated computer proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) or other equivalent software, the internet, e-mail messaging, and web-based software applications.
Preferred Qualifications 1. Previous experience in a University Registrar's Office strongly preferred.
2. Demonstrated experience using an online student information system such as Ellucian's Banner and a degree audit system such as Ellucian's Degree Works.
3. Familiarity with student records procedures in a large, public university.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website