The Facilities Design & Construction mission is the implementation of the Health System's Capital Improvement Program in keeping with the Long Range Development Plan ( LRDP). This includes the authority and responsibility to manage acute care capital improvement planning, design, and construction projects.This position has the primary responsibility for implementing and achieving the department purpose. Job Summary Final Filing Date : 6/17/2021 Salary Range : $6,150.00 - $12,991.67 Salary Frequency : Monthly Appointment Type : Career Percentage of Time : 100% Shift Hour : Variable Location : Facilities Support Services Building City : Sacramento, CA Union Representation : No Benefits Eligible : No THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY Responsibilities The role of this position is project management for capital improvement and expense construction projects of the largest scope and complexity with budgets typically between $15 million and $100 million in singular or in aggregate. Projects at this level have prominent significance within the campus, require Chancellor approval and involve the direction of multiple high level design and engineering professionals. The Project Manager coordinates and directs projects from concept through design and from construction to closeout with minimal supervision by others. The Project Manager may work on smaller projects that are incidental to major projects for clients or buildings they are familiar with. Required Qualifications
- Thorough knowledge of project management, construction management, and a high level technical expertise of building systems typically acquired through acquisition of a degree from an accredited curriculum or professional licensure in architecture / engineering or through extensive experience in planning and management of construction and renovation of buildings, facilities and physical plant systems and equipment.
- Minimum 10 years of experience successfully managing architectural and engineering capital and non-capital projects of the largest scope and complexity, including direct responsibility for the leadership of project teams and the development and management of overall project budgets and schedules.
- Knowledge of current project and construction costs and experience with industry standard cost estimating systems.
- Financial skills to prepare, monitor and manage detailed project budgets, evaluate independent cost estimates, and review and approve payment requests.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet computer software such as MS Excel.
- Construction administration experience to monitor contractor operations for conformance to contract documents and applicable codes, review and negotiate contractor claims, to oversee the work of inspectors and testing agencies and to actively assist project team in the resolution of technical and procedural challenges.
- Familiarity with JCAHO Standards, California and industry building codes and regulations pertaining to hospitals and healthcare facilities, ADA compliance, fire codes, municipal ordinances, university regulations, policies and procedures.
- Sufficient financial and accounting skills to develop and manage project budgets. Knowledge of construction sequences and practices to prepare and/or review project schedules.
- Demonstrated experience with design and construction contracts, contract law and construction claims procedures.
Apply on company website