At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as seventh in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Specialty Staff Pharmacist perform a wide range of pharmaceutical care functions to assure that drugs prescribed for and used by patients are safe and effective. These include, for example, obtaining medication histories, reviewing and assessing medication profiles, providing drug information to patients and health care providers, consulting with prescribers and recommending drugs of choice, counseling patients in the proper use of medications and ensuring that patients understand cautions, adverse reactions, and interactions related to their therapy.
The Specialty Staff Pharmacist will also supervise pharmacy technicians to secure insurance authorizations for medications as well as prepare and dispense prescription medications and pharmaceutical products for patient care.
The Pharmacist will be responsible for the oversight of the Patient Management Program, clinical activities, and delivery of services as required.
- Three years outpatient pharmacy experience
- Two years specialty pharmacy experience, or previous exposure to providing pharmacy support to clinical programs
- Pharm.D Degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
- PGY1 Residency in Community-based or Managed Care Pharmacy and/or PGY2 in Ambulatory Care Pharmacy
- Managed Care experience
- Second spoken language
- Management skills
- Current license to practice pharmacy in the State of California; must be in good standing with the California State Board of Pharmacy
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website