UC San Diego Health is a Magnet designated organization, which is a prestigious recognition that applies to only 10% of all U.S. hospitals. Magnet is the “gold standard” for nursing excellence and is based on strengths in five key areas, which include transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovation and improvements and empirical outcomes. UC San Diego Health has held its Magnet status since 2011.
The Jacob's 3GH ICU specializes in general surgery and oncology. In addition, we care for a variety of patients that include BMT, cancer related surgeries, pulmonary, and sepsis patients.
Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care.
While not required, a cover letter is highly recommended when applying to this position.
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of Nursing.
Must possess a valid California RN license.
BLS/CPR and ACLS certifications at time of hire with commitment to get UCSD ART within six (6) months of hire date.
Must have at least one (1) year of recent acute care RN experience in adult ICU.
Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Two (2+) or more years of RN experience in critical care, surgical ICU, oncology and/or abdominal transplant.
- Experience with liver and kidney transplant patients.
- Experience with medical or surgical oncology patients.
- Must be able to work various hours, days, shifts, on-call and various locations based on the 24-hour Medical Center's business needs.
- Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
- Per diem shift requirement is an average of 1 shift per week per 4-week schedule. Must be available 1 weekend shift per 4-week schedule and a minimum of 1 holiday. This is subject to change based on individual department needs.
Apply on company website