Under general supervision, provide skills necessary to support the department of Agricultural Operations at the Assist Coachella Valley Agricultural Research Station (CVARS). Specifically in the cultural practices of citrus, dates and row crops. Which includes land preparation, open field management, irrigation set up, sprinklers, drip and micro sprayers and make equipment adjustments. Assist in pest and weed control. Work hours are Summer schedule 6:00 am to 2:30 pm and Winter schedule 6:30 am to 3:00 pm. Education Licenses License Requirement Ca Drivers License Required
Certifications Certification Requirement Ability to obtain a Qualified Applicator Certificate within 6 months of employment. Required Hold a valid qualified applicator certificate. Preferred Forklift certification. Preferred Experience in small plot production. Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement Minimum of 3 years of expericence Required Demonstrated experience with installation of irrigation systems, drain lines and repair maintenance. Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Valid Drivers License Required
Minimum Requirements Agricultural experience with a demonstrated ability, knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
Ability to operate light to medium and/or non-complex agricultural equipment; sprayers, and trenchers.
Ability to read, write, and speak English; perform basic arithmatic calculations.
Demonstrate ability and experience in operating tractors with attached, towed or specialized equipment, self-propelled spray rigs, planters, bed shapers, cultivators, chemical incorporators, harvesters and combines.
Knowledge of pesticide and their safety procedures. Prepares and applies various chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers.
Ability to pass a respirator fit test and ability to wear and use air purifying respirator during chemical applications when required by law.
Demonstrated ability to organize daily work loads and communicating with staff and understanding basic field objectives when performin work.
Experience in maintaining operational records such as records for cultural care operations, pesticides applications and materials applied to plots.
Ability and experience to work in an outdoor environment during inclement weather and temperature extremes, daily moving of material weighing up to 40 lbs.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website