Under the general supervision of the HAPSS Clinical Application Analyst, will assist in supporting the configuration and operation for the Health and Psychological Student Services electronic medical record and operational applications. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training. Required
Certifications Certification Requirement A+ Preferred SQL Certifcation Preferred Microsoft Certified Professional Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement Demonstrated experience working in a University Health/Counseling environment Preferred Experience with Point and Click Electronic Medical Records System (EMR) Preferred 0 - 1 years of related experience. Required Demonstrated experience supporting multiple users in an EMR. Required Demonstrated experience in a HIPAA /FERPA regulated field Required
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements Detail oriented, with basic organizational skills and the ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize tasks, and complete assignments consistently on schedule.
Basic skills in written and verbal communications, with the ability to clearly convey technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
Basic knowledge of specific clinical applications and functions, including development, implementation, maintenance, user support, and system testing and evaluation.
Basic interpersonal and customer-service skills, with the ability to work effectively on a team and provide technical support to users of clinical applications.
Basic problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively to identify potential solutions, and develop options for resolution.
Skills in working with an EMR within a higher education setting (preferably PnC)
Basic understanding of server operations.
Preferred Qualifications Basic knowledge of departmental systems and procedures for executing simple tests and perform appropriate documentation and reporting.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website