The Loan Origination Associate will assist with all efforts in the sales cycle to attract new clients to Valley Bank. The primary responsibilities of the Loan Origination Associate are to assist the officers in the Asset Based Lending ("ABL") team with developing prescreen memorandums, including spreading financial statements, establishing risk ratings, preliminary historic and projected financial analysis as well as collateral analysis. The secondary responsibilities will be the preparation of periodic internal and external sales pitches/materials, maintaining deal tombstone databases and assisting the ABL sales team with prospect database management.
The tertiary responsibilities will be to assist the portfolio team with account management and underwriting needs such as collateral and financial analyses and reporting. The candidate will facilitate the development of sales effectiveness analytical tools that include dashboards, reports, modeling and utilize the company-wide sales management system. The role will interface with many constituents including bankers, credit risk executives, prospective clients, and corporate marketing personnel. The Loan Origination Associate may also assist the ABL Business Head with ongoing senior management reporting and ad hoc projects when needed. Asset Based Lending ("ABL") refers to commercial and industrial business loans secured by using a company's assets as collateral. This allows a company to immediately access the working capital available in their assets, such as accounts receivable and inventory and asset-based loans can be structured as revolving credit facilities to cover expenses or working capital needs. ABL is one of several products within the commercial banking platform. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner and collaborate with ABL origination and credit professionals to produce written support of new credit opportunities.
- Participate in joint calls with business partners to develop customer relationships and support ABL product sales across business lines.
- Prospect research & qualification.
- Salesforce.com access for maintenance of the ABL prospects.
- Interact on sales opportunities with the ABL officer and our bankers located nationwide.
- Create sales & marketing materials such as pitch books, case studies, tombstones, etc.
- Liaison with corporate marketing on external marketing materials.
- Interface with the ABL unit and corporate marketing on social media marketing efforts.
- Partner with ABL credit professionals to produce written support of existing credit relationships.
Apply on company website