Take direction from shift management (WHS) in the assignment of positioning of import and export equipment to the warehouse dock doors and the proper loading of each outbound trailer. Responsible for assembling proper documentation to ensure shipment to customer facilities of the correct product mix. Provides administrative services as necessary to carry out these tasks. Maintains appropriate computer records.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of all production documents used to move freight in the warehouse/cross-dock.
- Responsible for utilizing WM9 / TLS operating systems to perform all necessary transactions in support of the production and warehouse management team.
- Scan packets (load slips) into WM9 / TLS
- Verify packets and paper work complies with established US Customs Rules and Regulations pursuant to the SOP.
- Ensure freight and cargo is properly handled, identified, documented and communicated within the warehouse.
- Gather accurate information about each closed-out trailer.
- Sort out overages, shortages, damage, or mis-loads.
- Research and provide disposition of findings to shift/account operations manager.
- Enter each closed-out load into computer system. Compare load slips to system data.
- Assure load is not overweight and CBM is accurate.
- Update system to seal each load. Produce bills of lading, manifest and check sheets for each sealed load. Assemble load slips with manifest and bills of lading as required.
- Maintain hard copy files of all paperwork related to sealed loads and received trailers.
- Continually update system with current status on each load.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Work on special projects and freight handling processes.
- Act as a point person to relay carrier concerns and or issues to customer service center.
- Perform research on problem data or reported OS & D's.
- Assemble, produce & distribute KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to clients based on their expectations.
- Must be able to receive and communicate proper disposition of freight to warehouse/cross dock management teams.
- Must identify exception freight on all warehouse/cross-dock paperwork prior to distribution to the warehouse/cross-dock.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED; one year of previous computer related job experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Interact with employees and customers in an appropriate manner.
- Use a computer for tasks such as communicating via email and preparing reports and work schedule.
- Review and analyze data and information .
- Plan, prioritize and monitor activities.
- Complete assigned tasks/projects in a timely manner.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world's largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world's most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics. Yusen Logistics (Americas) is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. (“YLA” or “the Company”) is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of YLA's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
Apply on company website