Clinical Staff Pharmacist - Per Diem
Hocking Valley Community Hospital
Description: As a per diem, nonexempt, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) Clinical Staff Pharmacist, you will fill orders with accuracy; check technician-prepared products before release; maintain security of pharmacy and controlled substances; enter orders and patient information with accuracy; aid in the training of new staff; update the Director about the daily activities of the pharmacy; and aid the Director in maintaining the pharmacy.
Schedule: This position can work up to 19 hours per week, and will provide coverage "as needed". This position will work 2-5 shifts per month, with a weekend rotation possible.
About the Facility: HVCH is a 25 bed acute care, DNV accredited hospital providing all phases of medical care including family practice, cardiovascular services, internal medicine, and occupational medicine from a staff of over sixty physicians, serving Hocking and surrounding Counties. Beautiful Logan, Ohio is located just 50 miles SE of Columbus via U.S. 33. Fine shopping is only 20 miles away in Lancaster. Athens, which offers many cultural opportunities, is just a short 30 mile drive from Logan. Two prestigious Ohio universities are within one hour commutes. Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) has partnered with the hospital to manage the day to day operations of this pharmacy. This position is an employee of CPS.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing in OH
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- Experience as a Pharmacist in a Hospital setting required
- Experience working with EPIC required
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Effective communications skills; verbal and written
- (PPD) TB Skin Test - Proof of negative TB skin test within the last 12 months
Benefits: All Per Diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with an employer match as well as for the EAP (employee assistance program).
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services, LLC is one of the nation's largest providers of pharmacy services to more than 800 hospitals and healthcare facilities nationwide. CPS helps clients tackle a variety of complex issues, such as operational efficiency, rising drug costs, regulatory & compliance, 340B, and specialty pharmacy strategy. CPS helps healthcare leaders drive best in class pharmacy operations through skill, expertise and proprietary technologies. For more information, visit https://www.cpspharm.com/.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Apply on company website