Want to join a team with a mission to improve and save lives?
We continually look for motivated and skilled individuals who are interested in supporting our customers – healthcare professionals who use our products to help patients and their communities.
We currently have the following opportunity available - please contact us for more details!
Elekta, a world leader in the development of state-of-the art medical tools and treatment planning systems, is looking for an Associate Field Service Engineer to join our team.
As an Associate Field Service Engineer, you must be customer focused and able to perform all mechanical and electronic repairs required in a timely fashion while meeting all required administrative requirements. You must have a strong electronics background, a clean driving record and available to travel when required.
*This is a remote position which requires the selected candidate to reside/relocate in the surrounding area where the position is located.
- Perform low risk troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with a 50% success rate of diagnosing the problem while working within the escalation procedure.
- Perform supervised calibrations and preventative maintenance on their designated modality.
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A), and use peripheral vision to gauge distances. The confined areas have potential hand/arm ‘traps.' Depth perception is critical.
- Work safely on Elekta's full range of products including medical devices producing high-energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyze, interpret and follow signal flow on blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, film badges and other paper work as assigned.
- Parts inventory management.
- Provide product feedback to home office.
- Maintain all company-leased equipment, including company automobile, parts and tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Incorporates Elekta Values into all department functions and responsibilities.
- Adhere to all Elekta directives, policies and procedures.
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401k, paid Vacation and Holiday
- A wealth of additional benefits including Wellness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement and Flexible Spending Account
- Opportunity to work in the cutting edge in medical advancement
- Close knit company culture
- Upward mobility
- Associate Degree or equivalent experience preferably in Electronics, Physics or an associated discipline.
- Possess a good electro-mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literate.
- Proficiency in the use of test equipment and hand tools including oscilloscopes, multi-meters.
- A good understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice, including ESD requirements.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to organize and prepare reports.
- Must be willing to travel and work unsociable hours.
- Must maintain an active driver's license in the home state.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Apply on company website