SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities as a Nurse Extern PRN you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Retreat Doctors Hospital, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. As a PRN employee you can plan for your future by participating in our 401k program
The Nurse Extern PRN will work under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN), and assist the nursing staff in providing patient care. You will deliver high quality, patient-centered care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
- You will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
- You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
- Translate complex medical terminology to ensure patients/families/caregivers understand patient medical condition, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects and follow up measures
- Educate patients/families/caregivers on healthy diet, exercise, disease prevention and/or lifestyle changes that may be needed upon discharge and prepares for future self-management
Retreat Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors' Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
Currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing required and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
Possess the ability to create and implement a personal career development plan, to be reviewed regularly by supervisor and/or preceptor
One year of completed nursing school is preferred
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website