We are currently seeking Summer Architectural Student Interns to join our team in Dallas or Austin. As an Architectural Student Intern, you are responsible for performing basic architectural assignments by receiving specific and detailed instructions as to tasks required and results expected. Please include a resume and portfolio in your application to be considered.
- Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing CAD/BIM.
- Develops solutions to technical and design problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Builds models or prepares project boards for client/project team review.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess basic hand and CAD/BIM drafting skills.
- Ability to build physical models.
- Basic knowledge in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling software such as Sketchup, Rhino and Grasshopper preferred
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Basic knowledge about sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Currently a 3rd, 4th, or 5th year student enrolled in an architecture or related degree program.
- Previous internship with an architectural or interior design firm preferred.
Applications must include a resume and portfolio.
HOK employees enjoy a flexible work schedule with the option to work remotely on Mondays and Fridays.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Apply on company website