DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) as part of HCA Healthcare, is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida and in Alachua Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories throughout Florida. Through the process of re-engineering and the application of leading edge automation technology, IRL has transformed laboratory operations into an integrated service network. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.As a Quality Director, you will provide leadership and oversee the quality and performance improvement programs for IRL in the assigned region. You will apply quality and performance improvement techniques using ideology such as Six Sigma or Lean to identify and quantify improvement opportunities, facilitate and organize process improvement efforts, drive improvement, and measure outcomes. You will also supervise the Quality Coordinators within their respective divisions.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary and generous benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
You will be responsible for:
- Laboratory regulatory agency accreditation preparedness
- Tracking and reporting on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Auditing and analyzing process, systems, and statistical data
- Formulation of recommendations; creating written and verbal reports
- Monitoring department performance and adherence to policies, procedures, timelines and regulatory requirements and changes
- Work with Compliance department on licensing reapplication process
- Functioning as a project manager to lead quality and performance in strategic order
- Developing and delivering presentations and training related to various programs to staff and stakeholders
- Conducting quality assurance meetings
- Other duties as assigned
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications and are actively interviewing, apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You Should Have:
- A Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, or biological science or Medical Technology; A Master's degree is very helpful
- Certification by ASCP or similar is helpful
- 8 years' experience as a Medical Technologist or Histology Technologist
- 2 years or more experience in laboratory management
- Experience with quality assurances, statistical QC, and laboratory accreditation
- Prior Lean/Six Sigma experience would be a plus!
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website