To perform general accounting work relating to the preparation, administration, and control of district financial resources and deliver high quality customer service and support for campus and department administrative assistants/bookkeepers in the accounting content area to ensure compliance with local, state and federal policies.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supports campus and department based general funds, special revenue funds, and activity funds management, including support for the financial software products, including MUNIS, EPES, Edpay, SmartData online, and JP Morgan Access
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate financial data and transactions using computerized accounting software
- Perform routine accounting functions, including preparation and posting of journal entries.
- Review monthly procurement card reconciliation from campuses and prepare correcting journal entries as needed.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of revenues and expenditures for activity accounts.
- Troubleshoot issues/errors related to activity funds; help ensure proper budget code usage.
- Knowledge of bank reconciliation process
- Provide support to accounting staff through research and troubleshooting.
- Assist with writing and training of business policies and procedures.
- Perform duties in compliance with District policies, state, and federal regulations.
- Ability to use personal computer and software to develop accounting reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Must have strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Accounting preferred.
- Experience in Texas school district accounting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of governmental accounting and fund accounting preferable; knowledge of school district account code system; knowledge of Texas Education Agency Financial Accountability School Resource Guide (FASRG) preferable; knowledge of general accepted accounting principle (GAAP); strong mathematical skills and general knowledge of accounting principles; proficient in utilizing Excel and Word, PowerPoint, Access, and 10-key by touch a must.
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills; excellent organizational skills with attention to details, accuracy and analytical problem-solving skills; provide excellent customer service skills and responsiveness.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects and prioritize work accordingly; ability to perform basic functions with minimal supervisory assistance.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to understand, remember, and communicate routine, factual information.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work schedule on short-term basis.
- Ability to make decisions which have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to compose letters, outlines, memoranda, and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance and check results for accuracy.
- Ability to compute, analyze and interpret numerical data for reporting purposes.
- Use standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
- Prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting.
- Repetitive hand motions including frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching.
- Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds).
- Work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
Apply on company website