MedStar Medical Group offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that's right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership— as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is seeking board eligible or certified Intensivists to join our Critical Care teams managing a ICU patients in a variety of critical care specialty units including Cardiac medical and surgical, Neurosurgical/Stroke, Medical, Trauma and General Surgical Critical care. Physicians lead teams of Advanced Practice Providers (70+ in the departments), house staff and fellows, as well as nursing, respiratory therapy and other interdisciplinary team members. Standard shift expectations for fulltime providers include 14 shifts per month including 4 nights (one weekend) and 3.5 weekend shifts per month.
Clinical responsibilities include multidisciplinary rounding within our intensive care units, triage, new patient admissions, and standard critical care procedures. During non-clinical weeks, providers are encouraged to participate in departmental activities. MedStar Health offers considerable opportunities in research and leadership development.
- Base salary plus incentive compensation (Years of experience taken into consideration)
- Clinical shift expectation incorporates PTO
- Annual CME allowance
- Medical license reimbursement
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Academic appointment to Georgetown University School of Medicine
Education Training and Experience Required
- Must be board certified/eligible in critical care medicine (Experience in neurocritical care, trauma, surgical critical care, cardiovascular critical care and/or medical critical care helpful)
- Commitment to clinical excellence is mandatory
- Broad cognitive and technical skills in the critical care setting is required
- Ability to communicate well with the medical team and family
- Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief letter outlining their interests.
MedStar Medical Group offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting...
Apply on company website